This was simple yet so informative. I've never worked with transition years yet I now feel I know a bit of what is involved in their work experience. Very helpful for students and also teachers new to this area.
Really like how you have posted up the guidelines for filling in the diary. Sometimes students find it difficult to know where to start. I know the lads in my school would find it useful to access this information. I must mention it to the TY Coordinator.
Work Experience gives young people the opportunity to learn at first hand about skills and personal qualities, as well as roles and structures in a working environment. It is an invaluable way of testing if a career is for you and of gaining much needed experience.
What is the purpose of Work Experience?
Knowledge of the working world. Extend school-based learning. New skills. Qualities valued by employers. Practical application to the curriculum. Problem-solving skills. Development of personal and social skills. Decision working process. Choosing a future career. Eliminate stereotyping. Self-discipline and responsibility towards punctuality and presentation. Experience non-traditional areas of employment.
This was simple yet so informative. I've never worked with transition years yet I now feel I know a bit of what is involved in their work experience. Very helpful for students and also teachers new to this area.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment Caroline..Thats what I was hoping, that both students and teachers would find this blog helpful..
ReplyDeleteEvelyn
Really like how you have posted up the guidelines for filling in the diary. Sometimes students find it difficult to know where to start. I know the lads in my school would find it useful to access this information. I must mention it to the TY Coordinator.
ReplyDeleteThanks for that Padraig. Hope it is of use to students!
ReplyDeleteEvelyn