Monday, November 2, 2009

Work Experience in TY

What are your views?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Evelyn just logged onto your blog. I liked the jobfinder site-very colourful and easy to navigete for students.Regarding t.y. work experience I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. In Loreto they have 3 weeks at the end of Jan.early Feb.leading to mid-term break. They all get one visit from a staff member during that time.They are expected to try to gain experience in different areas if possible, and keep a work experience journal which is part of their assessment.Let me knoe if i can help any other way.I'm off to finish Ciaran's diary,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evelyn,
    Work experience in TY is a fantastic idea. Gives the kids a look at the real world, the need for good time management and organisation. It also makes them appreciate us more when they come back into the safety of the school environment. Great idea for a blog and I particularly like the video. Very useful. See you tomorrow, Patricia K

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi evelyn,
    your blog is great, work experience is really valuable for letting the students experience the challenges and opportunities of the workplace. when they eventually go to work they will have this experience to fall back on as a confidence booster. Also employers like to see it on a CV if they are hiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that work experience is a great idea. It gives students a chance to experience jobs that they may be interested in. Often, it takes just a few days to know if it's for you or not. They are better to know what they are interested in before they commence college courses. I would have loved if transition year was around when I was in school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All, thanks for the comments..great to hear your views.I agree with you too Caroline, wish I had of had the opportunity to do Transition Year when I was at school...students don't realise how lucky they are these days and the great opportunities that are available to them.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete